Spalted Elm - Kiln dried (2 of 3), L=1700mm
- Spalted* elm board with lots of interesting character
- Large open pockets, cracks and bark inclusions
- Some softer areas around old knots
- Live edges have old burr growths adding interest
*Spalting is the term given to unique colouration and patterns on the wood surface caused by fungi in dead or stressed trees. The black lines are caused by competing fungi species trying to grab their share of the wood! The fungi are killed by the kilning process.
- Length - 1700
- Top width - 600
- Middle width - 470
- Bottom width - 470
- Thickness -50mm
Kiln-dried, 8-10%. 4 years air-drying prior to kilning.
This board is from a tree that fell in near Tynwald Mills in 2015. It is the 2nd of three boards cut from the edge of the same trunk.
Optional Services - Board Flattening and Finish Preparation
This board has not been planed flat and requires sanding and the application of a finish treatment. You may wish to do this yourself or we can do this for you at an additional cost.
- Please select any optional services you require - the cost of the options will be added to the board price.