DYO - Elm kiln dried board
L:1230mm Avge W:340mm
An unusual board that tapers in the middle. The board could be cut down its length to create a pair of live edge shelves or make a river table.
The pictures below show the unfinished board in our workshop.
The price shown is for a completely finished board:
- Planed flat on one or both sides depending on intended use
- Front face sanded through various grades of sandpaper to achieve a super smooth surface
- Reverse face / underside coarse sanded
- Live edges and board ends sanded smooth and corners lightly rounded over
- Placement of recessed inserts and stainless steel socket bolts for leg attachment
- Your choice of OSMO protective finish applied, raw, matt, satin or gloss hardwax oil
- Table assembly
- Live edge elm board with beautiful grain patterns
- Interesting contrast between the sap wood (light) and darker heartwood
- Ideal for a coffee table or epoxy river table
- Can be cut lengthways to make live edge shelves
Unfinished Dimensions (mm)
- Length - 1230
- Top width - 350
- Middle width - 295
- Bottom width - 380
- Thickness - 50
Planing the board flat may reduce the stated depth of the board by up to 15mm.
Kiln-dried, 8-10% moisture content. 3 years air-drying prior to kilning.
This board was milled from a tree that fell in St Johns in 2017.
Careful measurements are taken to minimise the amount of wood 'lost' when cutting a live edge board to make square sides and corners to square. If you want to do this then we will email you a picture showing the amount of wood that would be removed and the revised dimensions of the board.
The board won't be cut until we receive confirmation from you that you are happy to proceed.
Square ends only e.g. to place a shelf in an alcove - £25.00
One square side eg. to place a desk or table against a wall - £25.00
Cross cutting to length - £10
Rip Cutting down the length e.g. to make a river table - £25.00