DYO - Elm kiln dried board - 1 of 3 SHELF BOARD PROFORMA
A good size for wide live edge shelf or can be cut to make two long shelves. One of 3 boards, it could be joined with the other boards to make a coffee table or desk. Please email for further details if you would like to do this.
The picture shows the unfinished board in our workshop. Its appearance will be transformed after processing to reveal the wood grain and patterns.
The price shown is for a completely finished board:
- Planed flat on one or both sides depending on intended use
- Front face sanded through various grades of sandpaper to achieve a super smooth surface
- Reverse face / underside coarse sanded
- Live edges and board ends sanded smooth and corners lightly rounded over
- Your choice of OSMO protective finish applied, matt, satin or gloss hardwax oil
- Table assembly
- Live edge elm board with beautiful grain patterns
- Large branch knot adds interest
- Ideal width for live edge shelf
Unfinished Dimensions (mm)
- Length - 1510
- Top width - 295
- Middle width - 300
- Bottom width - 350
- Thickness - 50
Planing the board flat may reduce the stated depth of the board by up to 15mm.
Kiln-dried, 8-10% moisture content. 3 years air-drying prior to kilning.
This board was milled from a tree that fell in St Johns in 2017.