DYO - Burr Elm board - Kiln Dried (2 of 2 )
L:1530mm Avge W:470mm
A beautiful and rare, burr elm board with stunning live edges and lots of character.
The pictures show the unfinished board in our workshop. Its appearance will be completely transformed after processing to reveal the beautiful grain patterns.
The price shown is for a completely finished board:
- Planed flat on one or both sides depending on intended use
- Front face sanded through various grades of sandpaper to achieve a super smooth surface
- Reverse face / underside coarse sanded
- Live edges and board ends sanded smooth and corners lightly rounded over
- Placement of recessed inserts and stainless steel socket bolts for leg attachment
- Your choice of OSMO protective finish applied, raw, matt, satin or gloss hardwax oil
- Table assembly
- Highly figured, swirly grain on both sides with large burr areas
- Small void on one side with small surface cracks
- Wide colour variations for added interest
Unfinished Dimensions (mm)
- Length - 1530
- Top Width - 400
- Middle or maximum width at the burr - 620
- Bottom width - 400
- Depth - 50
Planing the board flat may reduce the stated depth of the board by up to 15mm
Kiln-dried, 8-10% moisture content. 5 years air-drying prior to kilning.
This board is from a tree that fell in St Johns in 2015. It is the second board cut from the outside edge of the trunk.
Careful measurements are taken to minimise the amount of wood 'lost' when cutting a live edge board to make square sides and corners to square. If you want to do this then we will email you a picture showing the amount of wood that would be removed and the revised dimensions of the board.
The board won't be cut until we receive confirmation from you that you are happy to proceed.
Square ends only e.g. to place a shelf in an alcove - £25.00
One square side eg. to place a desk or table against a wall - £25.00
Cross cutting to length - £10
Rip Cutting down the length e.g. to make a river table - £25.00