Spalted Elm kiln dried board - 1 of 4, L=1490mm
One of 4 boards cut from the same log. It could be joined with one or more boards to make a larger table or desk. Please email if you would like more information on this option.
- Live edge elm board with interesting spalted* grain
- Interesting contrast between the sap wood (light) and darker heartwood
- Ideal for a coffee table or epoxy river table
- Can be cut lengthways to make live edge shelves
**Spalting is the term given to unique colouration and patterns on the wood surface caused by fungi in dead or stressed trees. The black lines are caused by competing fungi species trying to grab their share of the wood! The fungi are killed by the kilning process.
- Length - 1490
- Top width - 260
- Middle width - 300
- Bottom width - 370
- Thickness - 50
Kiln-dried, 8-10% moisture content. 4 years air-drying prior to kilning.
This board was milled from a tree that fell in Peel in 2016.
Optional Services - Board Flattening and Finish Preparation
This board has not been planed flat and requires sanding and the application of a finish treatment. You may wish to do this yourself or we can do this for you at an additional cost.
- Please select any optional services you require - the cost of the options will be added to the board price.